WORLD OF DREAMS
Cert TBA
90 mins
BBFC advice: TBA
On the everyfilm blog I try to support independent movie-makers as well as reviewing mainstream pictures.
This has become a tad easier since the advent of private links to films which folk such as Ryan Vacey send me.
Vacey demonstrates in his picture, World Of Dreams, that directors can be ambitious on the lowest of budgets.
I doubt that I will see a film during the course of 2015, or possibly ever, in which just £200 is spent.
Despite this, World Of Dreams has an engaging, if, at times, rather complex, storyline and some impressive special effects.
Cornishman Vacey enlisted actors from across the county for this movie which has already premiered in Penzance.
In World Of Dreams, Igor Sharp plays a science geek who becomes embroiled in fighting an alien invasion through a wormhole on a Cornish beach.
The aliens are not only pretty strong... some have the ability to fight with electric current.
I know that it seems far-fetched but I've never seen a sci-fi film which doesn't require the imagination to be stretched.
The movie does have rough edges - its sound isn't consistent and some of the scenes, particularly its finale, are a bit laboured.
But there is enough in its plot and direction to suggest that Vacey may have a big future making movies.
Director and writer Ryan Vacey: "We put something about the film on a Facebook page that a lot of actors visit and the response was crazy – we couldn't believe how many people were happy to put their names forward to help."
Reasons to watch: Shows what can be achieved in film-making on just £200.
Reasons to avoid: There are, inevitably, quite a lot of rough edges.
Laughs: none
Jumps: none
Vomit: none
Nudity: none
Overall rating (in its context): 6/10
Cert TBA
90 mins
BBFC advice: TBA
On the everyfilm blog I try to support independent movie-makers as well as reviewing mainstream pictures.
This has become a tad easier since the advent of private links to films which folk such as Ryan Vacey send me.
Vacey demonstrates in his picture, World Of Dreams, that directors can be ambitious on the lowest of budgets.
I doubt that I will see a film during the course of 2015, or possibly ever, in which just £200 is spent.
Despite this, World Of Dreams has an engaging, if, at times, rather complex, storyline and some impressive special effects.
Cornishman Vacey enlisted actors from across the county for this movie which has already premiered in Penzance.
In World Of Dreams, Igor Sharp plays a science geek who becomes embroiled in fighting an alien invasion through a wormhole on a Cornish beach.
The aliens are not only pretty strong... some have the ability to fight with electric current.
I know that it seems far-fetched but I've never seen a sci-fi film which doesn't require the imagination to be stretched.
The movie does have rough edges - its sound isn't consistent and some of the scenes, particularly its finale, are a bit laboured.
But there is enough in its plot and direction to suggest that Vacey may have a big future making movies.
Director and writer Ryan Vacey: "We put something about the film on a Facebook page that a lot of actors visit and the response was crazy – we couldn't believe how many people were happy to put their names forward to help."
Reasons to watch: Shows what can be achieved in film-making on just £200.
Reasons to avoid: There are, inevitably, quite a lot of rough edges.
Laughs: none
Jumps: none
Vomit: none
Nudity: none
Overall rating (in its context): 6/10

