THE HERO OF COLOUR CITY
Cert U
75 mins
BBFC advice: Contains no material likely to offend or harm
I know what you are thinking - it is high time Whitey and his missus ticked off some kiddies' films.
Too right. No Home, Peppa Pig or Spongebob Squarepants... yet.
But here's one which pre-school children will enjoy (according to Mrs W who lapped it up).
The Hero Of Colo(u)r City is a cartoon about crayons which come to life when their young owner goes to bed.
They all dive through a secret passageway which leads them to Colour City.
But timid yellow (voiced by Christina Ricci) accidentally brings along a monstrous drawing called King Scrawl (David Kaye) and his sidekick Gnat which are yet to be coloured in.
They threaten to block up a river of colour which would cause all of the crayons to become more and more pale.
A posse is sent to try to save the day and this includes the unwitting yellow.
As you can already see, the plot of The Hero Of Colour City doesn't pass much scrutiny in the adult world but director Frank Gladstone isn't aiming his film at us.
This very thought prompted Mrs W to knock me down when I said I that I found it a bit humdrum.
She didn't and reckoned the kiddies would have plenty of laughs. I bow down to someone who is more on their wavelength (only joking!).
Director Frank Gladstone: "It's a feature film for pre-schoolers up to the early elementary grade - so from four to seven years old."
Reasons to watch: If your children are under-five
Reasons to avoid: If they are not under-five
Laughs: none for me but there are plenty for the little 'uns
Jumps: none
Vomit: retching
Nudity: none
Overall rating: 6.5/10
Cert U
75 mins
BBFC advice: Contains no material likely to offend or harm
I know what you are thinking - it is high time Whitey and his missus ticked off some kiddies' films.
Too right. No Home, Peppa Pig or Spongebob Squarepants... yet.
But here's one which pre-school children will enjoy (according to Mrs W who lapped it up).
The Hero Of Colo(u)r City is a cartoon about crayons which come to life when their young owner goes to bed.
They all dive through a secret passageway which leads them to Colour City.
But timid yellow (voiced by Christina Ricci) accidentally brings along a monstrous drawing called King Scrawl (David Kaye) and his sidekick Gnat which are yet to be coloured in.
They threaten to block up a river of colour which would cause all of the crayons to become more and more pale.
A posse is sent to try to save the day and this includes the unwitting yellow.
As you can already see, the plot of The Hero Of Colour City doesn't pass much scrutiny in the adult world but director Frank Gladstone isn't aiming his film at us.
This very thought prompted Mrs W to knock me down when I said I that I found it a bit humdrum.
She didn't and reckoned the kiddies would have plenty of laughs. I bow down to someone who is more on their wavelength (only joking!).
Director Frank Gladstone: "It's a feature film for pre-schoolers up to the early elementary grade - so from four to seven years old."
Reasons to watch: If your children are under-five
Reasons to avoid: If they are not under-five
Laughs: none for me but there are plenty for the little 'uns
Jumps: none
Vomit: retching
Nudity: none
Overall rating: 6.5/10

