FALL OF THE KRAYS
Cert 15
113 mins
BBFC advice: Contains strong language, strong bloody violence
In isolation, Fall Of The Krays had some surprisingly good moments.
However, the story of twins Ron And Reg has been so well told over the years that it is difficult to see why it needed further exploration.
The fact is that Zachary Adler's film didn't tell me anything I didn't already know about how their 'business' empire collapsed around them before they were eventually jailed for murder,
The firm's implosion was largely because Reggie couldn't control the psychopathic behaviour of his brother.
Their story is told through the eyes of a key associate known as Dickie Baker but I could not find any mention of him in my reading subsequent to watching this movie..
According to this film, he has the glad-eye for Liza Prescott (Alexa Morden), the girl given as a present to escaped convict Frank Mitchell (Adrian Bouchet).
Anyway, George Webster plays 'the author' who becomes more and more incredulous at the violence meted out by the twins.
Simon Cotton plays unhinged Ron with great menace and conviction. His performance stands out of Fall Of The Krays like a beacon.
I struggle to be as complimentary about Kevin Leslie. He is too clean-cut as Reg.
In addition, neither actor gets anywhere near the Krays' diction. I have just listened to a Youtube interview with them and theirs was quite a pronounced East End accent.
I would have imagined their associates would have all had a Cockney lilt but it wasn't as omnipresent as it should have been in Adler's movie.
I was interested to note that David Sullivan was among Fall Of The Krays' producers. Nevertheless, there was no nudity to be seen.
And I expected the film to be edgier. Only Cotton brought the constant fear of violence which it needed.
I watched Fall Of The Krays on itunes on my way to watching my football team win 5-0. My good spirits are problem the reason I give it a benevolent 6/10.
Star tweet
Actress Alexa Morden
Thanks to those who have supported Rise & Fall of the Krays so far, supporting British indie film is so important so it's much appreciated.
Reasons to watch: Simon Cotton's convincing portryal of psychopath Ron Kray
Reasons to avoid: Adds little to the Krays' tale
Laughs: none
Jumps: none
Vomit: none
Nudity: bare bum
Overall rating: 6/10
Cert 15
113 mins
BBFC advice: Contains strong language, strong bloody violence
In isolation, Fall Of The Krays had some surprisingly good moments.
However, the story of twins Ron And Reg has been so well told over the years that it is difficult to see why it needed further exploration.
The fact is that Zachary Adler's film didn't tell me anything I didn't already know about how their 'business' empire collapsed around them before they were eventually jailed for murder,
The firm's implosion was largely because Reggie couldn't control the psychopathic behaviour of his brother.
Their story is told through the eyes of a key associate known as Dickie Baker but I could not find any mention of him in my reading subsequent to watching this movie..
According to this film, he has the glad-eye for Liza Prescott (Alexa Morden), the girl given as a present to escaped convict Frank Mitchell (Adrian Bouchet).
Anyway, George Webster plays 'the author' who becomes more and more incredulous at the violence meted out by the twins.
Simon Cotton plays unhinged Ron with great menace and conviction. His performance stands out of Fall Of The Krays like a beacon.
I struggle to be as complimentary about Kevin Leslie. He is too clean-cut as Reg.
In addition, neither actor gets anywhere near the Krays' diction. I have just listened to a Youtube interview with them and theirs was quite a pronounced East End accent.
I would have imagined their associates would have all had a Cockney lilt but it wasn't as omnipresent as it should have been in Adler's movie.
I was interested to note that David Sullivan was among Fall Of The Krays' producers. Nevertheless, there was no nudity to be seen.
And I expected the film to be edgier. Only Cotton brought the constant fear of violence which it needed.
I watched Fall Of The Krays on itunes on my way to watching my football team win 5-0. My good spirits are problem the reason I give it a benevolent 6/10.
Star tweet
Actress Alexa Morden
Thanks to those who have supported Rise & Fall of the Krays so far, supporting British indie film is so important so it's much appreciated.Reasons to watch: Simon Cotton's convincing portryal of psychopath Ron Kray
Reasons to avoid: Adds little to the Krays' tale
Laughs: none
Jumps: none
Vomit: none
Nudity: bare bum
Overall rating: 6/10

